This role is accountable for completing the security process for loans accurately, in a timely manner and following Folk2Folk procedures
- Prepare security instructions and collate relevant information/documents for panel lawyers.
- Instruct panel lawyer.
- Supporting the Business Development Managers with Initial Review and Valuation processes, any security queries and advice.
- Agree completion date with panel lawyers and receive updates if completion date changes.
- Communicate with panel lawyers, borrowers, and brokers to ensure legal requirements are progressing and completion date is met.
- Forward details of loan to the loan matching team at the appropriate point in the process to allow enough time to fill the loan to meet completion date.
- Input data and information on Folk2Folk systems as required.
- At all stages of the security process monitor and manage progress to ensure completion dates are met, or delays mitigated.
- Before completion- collate the completion documents sent by the panel lawyer, chase any missing documents, ask them to amend any anomalies, complete completion checklist and then get the loan signed off.
- Instruct panel lawyer to complete loan. Advise team internally.
- Post completion – Monitor solicitors’ progress of registration at Land Registry and Companies House. Update appropriate system with all relevant completion documents as soon as possible. Track progress of security registration and complete closing file spreadsheet as soon as possible. Highlight any problem/delayed cases to Head of Legal to resolve in a timely fashion.
- Manage borrower requests for consents for legal agreements (such as S106 agreements, leases etc), request undertakings to cover costs or request monies on account and then seek legal review by Head of Legal or external legal (as appropriate) and seek credit sanction where relevant.
- Manage borrower requests and process for release of security in partial redemption process
- Manage deceased borrower process
- Assist Head of Legal with changes to standard security documentation and changes to terms and conditions.
- Ensure all relevant parties are communicated with and updated of progress.
- Discuss/raise any anomalies with the Head of Legal and/or Head of Operations and/or Credit Committee (as appropriate).
- Ensure that FCA compliance and other financial regulations are adhered to.
- Make sure that any sensitive data is collected and recorded according to GDPR.
- Help to find efficiencies in processes and work with Head of Operations and Head of Legal to build efficiencies.
- At least 2 years in financial services
- Min 2 years of securities experience in commercial lending.
Benefits and working arrangements
This role can be homebased with some initial training at our head office in Launceston, Cornwall.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- A discretionary bonus
- A workplace pension
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
- A day off on your birthday
- “Cycle to Work” scheme