With scare reports in newspapers about peer to peer lenders going into administration; shedding their retail investors; closing their secondary markets; pausing lending activity or in some instances even introducing new fees for investors – it would be easy to understand anyone having second thoughts about investing via a marketplace lender.
However, savvy investors will not be deterred by such gloomy headlines; they understand these reports are not reflective of all the marketplace lenders out there.
At FOLK2FOLK we’ve done none of that; quite the opposite. In recent months we’ve:
- Been steadfast in our support of our borrowers and our investors during the pandemic.
- Kept it free for investors to enter into an investment via our platform.
- Seen record buying levels in our secondary market, creating liquidity for investors.
- Announced record interest payouts to our investors
- Announced our own profitability evidencing the stability of our platform.
- Announced new Institutional investors and partnerships.
- Been approved for accreditation by the British Business Bank to deliver CBILS.
- Continued to offer investors a fixed, secured monthly income at inflation beating rates of typically 6.5% p.a. (Capital at risk. No FSCS).
- And, we’ve retained our track record of no investors losing any capital (though past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results).
We advocate the importance of always understanding the risks, as well as the rewards, of investing in peer to peer loans. But if you’d like to know the truth behind the headlines, we’re always happy to chat, so please feel free to give us a call!
By Veryan Skinner, Head of Brand, Marketing & Communications.